Top 10 Reasons Why You Need This Resource:
1) The interactive features keep students engaged and focused
2) It saves storage space in your classroom, and prevents you from losing all those calendar pieces
3) You can edit the birthday pages for each month so that students have their own candles and can look forward to celebrating with their friends
4) Each calendar page has themed headers and date pieces to help enforce science and content areas
5) Each month has a pattern within the calendar pieces varying from AB patterns, to ABB, to ABCDE, even up to growing patterns ABABBABBB...
6) The calendar date pieces are hidden behind pockets so when you pull a piece out the students have to use their number recognition skills to determine if it is the correct numeral
7) The section where students practice the "today is.. yesterday was... tomorrow will be.." skills, the days of the week are on colored crayons to help with quicker memorization. Students might not be able to read "Monday" but they will remember that the red crayon represents Monday.
8) Just about all major holidays are included and sorted out on to each month accordingly... no more digging through your large stack of holidays pieces! They are all right there for you!
9) The elements of this flip chart are all locked except the dates, days of the week, and holidays- so let the children interact and get use to your Promethean / Smart board!
10) Because all your teacher friends will be jealous, and you'll have to school them on all the wonderful resources available on Teachers Pay Teachers!
Need to see this resource in action? Simply copy and paste these links in your browser to watch a short clip:
If you have any questions feel free to ask them here! I also take requests (which this resource in fact was, woo hoo!), so anytime you need something created just throw me a line with a clear description and I'll hop on it.