This bundle contains four books:
- I see Colours
- I see Farm Animals
- What do you see in the Window?
- I see Zoo Animals
Individually these books cost $3.00 each so this bundle gives you one book for free!!
These Interactive Books were made in order to:
- introduce the concept of 'I see' comments to a child using PECS
- and/or teach children basic concepts and vocabulary (colours, farm vocabulary, zoo vocabulary, vocabulary to describe things that are outside etc.
- and/or practice answering questions
- and/or practice forming simple and structured sentences
The interactive books are all made in the same format: The adult asks 'What do you see?' and the child responds by choosing the corresponding picture from the right and placing it onto the 'I see' sentence frame at the bottom to form a full sentence.
I have used these books with lots of l children and they have always been a success! The children love matching the pictures, and they stay on task because there is a clear end to the activity.
Also included in this product are portable 'I see __' sentence strips and portable symbol boards for each vocabulary set so that you can generalise the 'I see' comments throughout the day during different activities and in different environments. Ideas for generalisation are included with each book.
The 'I see' symbols are from Boardmaker with permission:
The Picture Communication Symbols ©1981–2010 by Mayer-Johnson LLC. All Rights Reserved Worldwide. Used with permission.
Boardmaker™ is a trademark of Mayer-Johnson LLC.
2100 Wharton Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15203
Phone: 1 (800) 588-4548
Fax: 1 (866) 585-6260
Web site: www.mayer-johnson.com