Also included in
- Consider your fall themed therapy planning DONE (and save 20%, too!) These 6 engaging products have ALL you need to address speech and language goals using an autumn/fall theme. Use the interactive book to teach your students what fall is all about while also addressing basic concepts and wh- questi$13.79$21.55Save $7.76
- Interactive books are a must for teaching concepts- particularly abstract concepts like wh- words. They're especially useful and engaging for children with limited verbal output, children with autism, visual learners, kinesthetic learners, and children with high energy! This BUNDLE has interactive b$22.59$35.30Save $12.71
Interactive books are a must for teaching concepts- particularly abstract concepts like wh- words. They're especially useful and engaging for children with limited verbal output, children with autism, visual learners, kinesthetic learners, and children with high energy! This one is perfect for FALL or anytime! Seasons are another tough, abstract concept for our students.
Use this easy to assemble interactive book to engage your little ones while familiarizing them with the season of autumn. It should be noted that this book is appropriate for verbal OR nonverbal children.
Even answering the most basic kinds of wh- questions can be a real challenge for our students, but using the included teaching materials and then allowing children to manipulate the relatable images in this book can help make the concept less abstract.
Whether students already grasp seasons and wh-questions somewhat or not, this book will give them some practice!
This 24 page download includes:
- teaching visuals to help students understand how to answer basic wh- questions
- all the pages and parts needed to assemble the interactive book
- detailed instructions for how to use this 31 page book and how to scaffold based on how well your student performs - the multiple uses suggested will allow you to use this product for longer than you expect
Some of the topics covered in this book include:
- going back to school in the fall
- wearing long sleeves clothing/jackets
- fall weather
- leaves/trees changing colors
- summer trees vs fall trees
- falling leaves
- jumping in leaf piles
- playing/watching football
- apples and where they grow
- color of apples, picking apples, eating apples
- pumpkin patch/picking pumpkins
- things to do with pumpkins
Each page portrays an activity associated with the fall. The book uses relatable characters engaging in familiar activities. It often prompts the child to point to something on the page or perform an action - a fun and truly interactive part of this book! Another page then asks students a wh- question that requires an answer. Students can tell the answer verbally OR children with more limited verbal skills can physically “give” or adhere the answer to the book by choosing the appropriate image from the 12 moveable picture choices.
The goal is to get the child to pair the picture with a verbal response. If he/she does not offer a verbal response, model it for him/her. The repetitive nature of this book is likely to eventually shape verbal response. Your modeling is key! Even if the child seems to just be guessing, your repetitive modeling can still drive the concept home!
BE SURE to download the detailed preview for a closer look!
Check out my other interactive books, and I have many more interactive books in the works!
Thanks for stopping by! If you try this little book and you love it, please let me know or rate my product. Your feedback is what keeps me creating :)