Interactive Book | Teach and Practice answering WHEN questions | Day Night
What educators are saying
Also included in
- Grab these 4 bestselling interactive books for teaching wh- questions altogether in a BUNDLE that saves you 20%! You basically get one book (chock full of language skills) for FREE! WHY USE INTERACTIVE BOOKS?1) Teaching the vocabulary of "what, who, where, when" and teaching children how to answerPrice $14.48Original Price $18.10Save $3.62
Interactive books are a must for teaching concepts- particularly abstract concepts like wh- words. They're especially useful and engaging for children with limited verbal output, children with autism, visual learners, kinesthetic learners, and children with high energy!
This 23 page download includes:
- a teaching visual to help students understand how to answer questions that ask "when."
- all the pages and parts needed to assemble the interactive book
- detailed instructions for how to use this book and how to scaffold based on how well your student performs - the multiple uses suggested will allow you to use this product for longer than you expect
- "When" questions for readers to answer using the moveable pieces (these questions contain no visual cues and are higher level than the questions in the book itself)
I use this easy-to-assemble 25 page interactive book to teach your students about the concept of "when" and how to answer “when” questions. It gives them many opportunities to answer when questions at the basic level of "morning/night." This is the first of a series of books addressing "when" questions.
Each page portrays an activity that happens in the morning or at night (or both/either)! The book uses relateable characters engaging in familiar activities. It often prompts the child to point to something on the page or perform an action - a fun & truly interactive part of this book! Another page then asks students a “when” question that requires an answer. They can tell the answer verbally OR children with more limited verbal skills can physically “give” the answer by choosing the appropriate answer from the 12 moveable picture choices (morning/night).
The goal is to get the child to pair the picture with a verbal response. If he/she does not offer a verbal response, model it for him/her. The repetitive nature of this book is likely to eventually shape verbal response. Your modeling is key! Even if the child seems to just be guessing, your repetitive modeling can still drive the concept home!
Unlike some interactive books, students cannot rely on matching with this book.
BE SURE to download the detailed preview for a closer look!
Check out my other interactive books, and I have many more in the works!
An INTERACTIVE book for teaching WHAT questions & ACTIONS!
An INTERACTIVE book for addressing answering WHERE questions!
An INTERACTIVE book for WHO questions & actions!
If you use it and you love it, please let me know or rate my product. Your feedback is what keeps me creating :)
⚫ Find more from me at my ➔ Website ➔ TpT ➔ IG ➔ FB ➔ YouTube ➔ Free Resource Library ➔ Pinterest