Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
This no print and no prep ActivInspire flipchart book is a fun Halloween story that engages students with autism and developmental delays from the cover to the last page. The story increases their use/understanding of fringe words (i.e. witch, vampire) and core words (i.e. who, what, has, can, do, etc.) when paired with their AAC device or a core word board.
This flipchart lesson includes:
• "I can" statements
• notes browser (yellow note icon) explains features for interactive pages
• simple, interactive Table of Contents/lesson schedule
• visual dictionary to introduce Halloween characters
• engaging story with character sound effects and visual supports to aid the students in determining who the mystery character may be
• party scene at end of story for "What is _____ doing?" question
• repetitive text to teach core words using device or core word board. Some of the core words may include: who, can, it, my, has, do
• an interactive survey (“Did you like the story?”)
• lesson closure page
• 28 interactive pages
Repetition, repetition, repetition. I use these flipcharts like a storybook and read them repeatedly over a number of sessions. For large group instruction, the special education teachers and the paraprofessional assist while I present the flipchart on the interactive whiteboard and point to the core word board.
This is how I use the flipchart:
Super fun follow-up activities:
You may also be interested in the Interactive Books for Speech Therapy : Flipchart Bundle.
**Must have ActivInspire software.**
For the FREE download, click: FREE ActivInspire Download
Don't forget to leave feedback and earn points toward FREE TPT purchases.
Follow us and be notified when new products are uploaded. New products are always 50% off for the first 24 hours they are posted.
Please contact us with any questions.
Have fun teaching!
Gabriel and Penelope