This is a 100% interactive packet that your students will LOVE for Final Consonant Deletion as it's all about teaching the concept that animals (and words) have tails and to use their 'tail sound' at the end of their words.
It's a powerful concept that can really consolidate take the confusion out of teaching this phonological process.
Broken down into 4 themed units (Farm Animals, Pet Animals, Forest Animals, Zoo Animals), there are 5 different activities per unit to teach and engage your students.
• Tail Sound Puzzle
- match the animal with its tail (48 animals/4 pages)
• Flip Book
- flip through +say the animals and tail sounds (24 animals)
• Drill & Draw
- say the animal five times then draw its tail on (48 animals/4 pages)
• Match the Tail
- say the animal's name with it's tail sound and draw a line to it's tail (48 animals/4 pages)
• Listening for Tails
- auditory discrimination board. Can you hear if a tail sound was used or not? (4 boards)
While you will need to print and laminate the puzzle and flip book, I like to upload the other activities on my iPad to save printing and make these products user-friendly. They are also perfect to print in B&W and send for home practice.
What people are saying about using this resource
“What a great concept for keeping our kiddos engaged!”
“My kiddos love it and it really helps enhance their understanding of the concept”
“Provides great visual feedback for students”
I hope your kids love using it as much as I have! Please let me know in your comments and feedback.
If you're a big Phonology Fan like me... check out some related resources:
•Stopping Bingo Boards + Minimal Pairs
• Just Add ‘S’: S-Blend Cluster Reduction Sequencing Strips
•L-Blend Cluster Reduction Bingo Boards + Minimal Pairs
☀ Follow Me ☀ Visit my Blog
see me on Pinterest