Download a free sample of my work:
These little readers are intended to teach and/or reinforce sight words and build good reading habits. I use these as a whole class lesson. Students return to their seats to cut and glue the last page on their own.
I read along with my students providing them with plenty of support and scaffolding. These little readers allow you to reinforce reading strategies and practice what good readers do.
You can do the following with each book:
1. Rainbow write the sight word using five colors on the title page.
2. Circle, underline, and/or highlight the sight word on each page.
3. Color each picture.
4. Cut and glue the sight word on the last page.
5. Read to others. I have my students read their books to three friends around the room. They mark a tally or write the friend’s name on the back.
6. For fun homework- For a skittle or sticker, read the book to your family and bring it back tomorrow with a signature.
Books can be double sided to save paper.
Fry Words 1 - 20 Include: