This is a unit introduction model for field dependent learners. It is a 42 slide PowerPoint. It is designed for students in Grade 2, but can be used for students in other grade levels. The presentation character that takes the student on an "adventure" throughout the different types of weather is "Tommy the Tornado."
- Uses film clips to elaborate on an idea such as the water cycle, tornados, and the seasons.
- Has links to websites that will help students learn more about the particular topic
-The animation and slide transitions make an exciting way to get (and keep) the student’s attention
- Uses text changes to help students focus on and identify specific pieces of information such a vocabulary words and contextual meanings (By Underlining)
- Uses the same format for the end of each concept
- Has engaging worksheet activities
- Uses diagrams (with titles and labels) to help students internalize vocabulary and concepts. (i.e. Tornado Alley Diagram/ The Water Cycle Diagram)
*Each topic has corresponding (kid-friendly) websites, worksheets, and activities that are hyper-linked on the slides. You will be able to open these links on the PowerPoint itself. If you have an issue with the hyperlinks re-attach the worksheets. All the worksheets and activities are listed as free on my page."