This interactive grammar notebook has a 'pretty theme.' It covers the eight parts of speech, breaking down each part into specifics, while allowing for differentiation. Included:
* A page for the eight parts of speech to use as headers or labels.
* Three cover options.
* Specifics for the eight parts of speech in different forms:
* Nouns covered in two formats including pieces for collective, abstract, concrete, common, proper, and compound.
* Personal pronouns covered in two formats.
* Indefinite pronouns covered in two formats.
* Word sort: students must sort indefinite pronouns into singular, plural, and singular or plural.
* Word sort: students must sort relative pronouns from relative adverbs.
* Demonstrative, relative, interrogative, intensive, and reflexive pronouns, and a spot for antecedents.
* Adjectives: pieces for questions asked (a list and a section for examples) and forms (comparative and superlative).
* Adverbs: pieces for questions asked (a list and a section for examples) and forms (comparative and superlative).
* Conjunctions: pieces for subordinating, correlative, and coordinating conjunctions.
* Prepositions in two formats.
* Interjections in two formats, including a piece for social interjections.
* Several blank pieces for personalization.
I have found that giving older students an option with the appearance of their interactive notebooks, they are more involved. I created this for students who wanted a "pretty" notebook. I want to encourage grammar in all forms!
I print out the pages, have students cut them, and use them in a typical notebook for a standard interactive notebook. Students who are working on subject verb agreement often need review of pronouns, and students who are working on comma placement need a review of adjectives and adverbs. I use this interactive grammar notebook for those purposes with older students.