This interactive grammar notebook will cover material for a semester and includes interactive pieces for types of sentences, phrases, clauses, verbals, and more. The specific items address common core standards for seventh and eighth grades, but will work for multiple grade levels and abilities.
UPDATE: OCTOBER 2017 - this bundle has recently been updated! Please download for the most recent file.
This interactive notebook includes folding pieces and visuals to cover core grammar and language concepts for middle students, as well as providing review of concepts learned in elementary school.
Each of the 13 sections has its own page divider to help students stay organized.
1. 8 Parts of speech: nouns, pronouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs, prepositions, conjunctions, interjections
2. Verbals: gerunds, infinitives, participles
3. Phrases: prepositional, appositive, gerund, infinitive, participial
4. Parts of a sentence: subjects, verbs, direct objects, indirect objects, predicate nouns, predicate adjectives
5. Clauses: dependent, independent
6. Types of sentences: simple, compound, complex, compound-complex
7. Coordinate adjectives
8. Moods in verbs: subjective, conditional, imperative, indicative, interrogative
9. Modifiers: misplaced modifiers and dangling modifiers
10. Voice: active and passive voice
11. Punctuation: period, semicolon, ellipsis, parentheses, dash, colon
12. Connotation and denotation
13. Strong writing: comma splices, wordy sentences
Over 100 practice sentences are included!
BONUS! I have created a presentation of EVERY piece in this activity; you will see exactly how I use this notebook! Each page is numbered for ease of locating pieces.
Please download the preview to view part of the dangling modifiers and misplaced modifiers section.
Here's what others are saying about this interactive notebook:
***Thanks for creating something that is just for middle school. I am excited to use these [folding pieces] with my students.***
***Perfection. Money well spent!***
***Great job! Very handy cut-outs and fun graphics!***
***Great Resource! This will be a great addition to my grammar lessons.***