Learn basic concepts while having fun with play dough! These 33 mats help to work on categorisation, naming objects, location words and following directions. Students can also work on their fine motor skills while completing the colourful, hands on mats.
Language play dough mats include 6 different types:
- Rooms in a house sort: Smash a play dough ball on the objects that belong in each room of the house
- Roll a snake: Make 5 snake rolls while naming objects that belong in different places
- Show where it is: Roll play dough balls and put them where the instructions say and understand prepositions.
- I can name: Name items in a group and fill the balloons
- Make it- set 1: Finish the picture with play dough
- Make it-set 2: Finish the picture with play dough by following the directions
See the preview for an example of all mats and photographs of the mats in use!
Use play dough mats with individual students or groups. Print and laminate for long, lasting use or place mats inside plastic pockets for protection and to be reusable.
Need more language resources? Check out:
In My Town- Maps, community and occupations
Katrina Bevan-Speech Pathologist