This packet includes interactive activities that can be used to include balanced literacy into your math journals
**The 2D Shapes included in this packet are the triangle, circle (taught as having 0 sides), rectangle, and square.**
1. Anchor Chart for students to fill out and put in journal that describes the attributes of each shape. Includes vocabulary (or Language of the Discipline for Depth and Complexity) to help students.
2. Flaps with the shape and # sides / vertices to lift and draw real life pictures underneath (with directions)
3. A Shape Sort
4. Roll the Dice Activity to create a picture/trace the shape - Differentiated
5. Little Reader - Shape Riddle Book
**Please Note: This reader teaches the circle as having 0 lines.
6. 2 Options to do a Shape Hunt - depending on how much cutting you want to do/your students to do. One option is easier and requires you to just cut out a chart. The other one cuts out titles for 2 columns and the students draw the shape along with the objects they find.
7. Dinah Zike Foldable for Sorting Shapes by the number of sides - several variations on how to do this activity to fit the needs of your classroom.
8. Little Reader - Frog Street Shape Poems
I also snapped a few pictures of the journal completed to give you an idea on how they look. Thanks for looking and I hope this proves to be a helpful resource for your little ones!