This product can help assist you and your students in a variety of ways in the classroom. First and foremost, it provides your students with the knowledge of what the Math expectations are of them as a fifth grade student, as well as, a reference to use throughout the duration of the school year and years beyond.
This specific product covers all of the 5th grade Common Core Math standards. Additionally, there are INB sheets for some prerequisite skills that students should already know before teaching the Common Core Standards. I included these prerequisite skill sheets because I often have students that have not mastered the prerequisite skills needed to understand the rigorous Common Core Standards they are required to learn and be tested on.
This product includes:
- A cover for each notebook
- “I can statements” for each standard, which is to be glued at the top of each new skill/concept being taught
all graphics, information, and fold-ables to create each skill set in the interactive notebook
- Separators for the various sets of Mathematical Domains contained in the Math Common Core Standards
- Completed pictures of each skill set so you will know how the notebook should be compiled
- Prerequisite skill INB notes, graphics, and fold-ables
- Several blank templates for development of own classroom problems
- A work in progress pocket to glue inside the INB
The notebook order is not set in stone. My co-teacher and I went through and compiled the notebook in a way that follows how we move through our textbook and PSSA Coach Books (books used as practice type questions for the Pennsylvania State Standardized Assessment). You can choose how you would like to organize the notebook to best meet the needs of your class and curriculum.
In order to have students successfully compile this interactive notebook, your students will need the following: a composition type notebook, crayons/colored pencils, glue sticks or regular glue, and enough copies of each skill set for each student.
I hope that you find this product to be beneficial for yourself as an educator, while instructing your students on the Math Common Core Standards. Additionally, I hope your students enjoy the creation of their interactive math notebook, while learning the numerous standards.