Definition: An interactive notebook is a personalized textbook, or a working portfolio of notes, classwork, even quizzes all in one spot!
Benefits: Have you ever heard, “I can’t remember what we did yesterday? I left it at home. I was gone yesterday, what did I miss? “Well, those days are gone! The students will have an entire portfolio to use to help them throughout the year.
1. Date and number each page
2. Keep a Table of contents
3. Don’t allow doodling that doesn’t relate to notes
4. Notebook should only be used in a specific class
5. No tearing out pages!
6. Write title and author at the top of each page.
--Left side belongs to students—diagrams, cartoons, drawings, poems, foldable, etc.
---Right side belongs to teacher– teacher guided notes, comments to students, graded tests.
Included in this download are 5 different question pages that students can use in their interactive notebooks.
Why include question pages??
1.Research says student generated questions help students actively engage with the text, keep track of text understanding and construct memory representations. In fact research shows that students at all skill levels benefit greatly by question generation!!
2. Asking questions before, during and after reading helps students:
• Have a purpose for reading
• Focus attention on what they are learning
• Think actively
• Encourage self-monitoring of comprehension
• Review content related to what they already know
These pages are included in my Interactive Notebook Bundle
. Which has over 75 pages of interactive notebook foldables to improve students comprehension!