Interactive Notebooks, Reading Literature, Reading Informational, Grade 2
- This resource is intended to be used as an interactive notebook for teaching the Reading Literature and Reading Informational Common Core State Standards.
- Since we can not see the thinking that is occurring before, during, and after our students are reading, it is important for us to see a snapshot of their thinking. Having students respond to their reading in a written form is one way to do that.
- This resource is not interactive in the sense that kids can flip open flaps and pages and cut and paste. It is interactive in the sense that they will be using the notebook to discuss their learning with classmates and teachers.
- They will explore and reflect on their learning and the learning of others through interactive conversations during every part of the reading workshop.
THESE NOTEBOOKS ARE ABOUT THE INTERACTION BETWEEN THE READER, CLASSMATES, AND THE TEXT.
- Introduction lessons to give students purpose and understanding about the CCSS and how to use the interactive notebooks.
- Notebook tabs for each CCSS
- Table of Contents notebook pages
- Reading log sheets to glue into the front of notebooks
- 3-4 mini lesson statements for each RL & RI standard
- Descriptive teaching instructions for each lesson
- Mini lesson charts for students to complete during the mini lesson and then glue into the notebooks.
- Printable graphic organizers for independent practice after each lesson. These can be glued into the interactive notebooks (fit to the size of a composition notebook…no cutting corners!)
- Reflective learning sheets for each standard
- Picture examples from completed interactive notebooks.
Copyright © 2013 Jen Bengel
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.
You can find this resource inside the membership by CLICKING HERE
Interested in becoming a member? LEARN MORE HERE