I put together this interactive notebook bundle, after doing loads of research on what exactly were the key skills my kiddos needed to improve their comprehension. Based off of my research I determined I needed to include the following foldables in my interactive notebooks:
1. Story Map
3. Asking questions
4. Making Inferences
5. Making Predictions
6. Main Ideas & Details
7. Fact & Opinions
9. Text Structures (compare & contrast, problem & solution, cause & effect, sequence, description)
In each of the above listed categories, there are three to four different foldables that are perfect for an interactive notebook! This means there are over 75 pages of comprehension foldables !!
Definition: An interactive notebook is a personalized textbook , or a working portfolio of notes, classwork, even quizzes all in one spot!
Benefits : Have you ever heard, “I can’t remember what we did yesterday? I left it at home. I was gone yesterday, what did I miss? “ Well, those days are gone! The students will have an entire portfolio to use to help them throughout the year.
1. Date and number each page
2. Keep a Table of contents
3. Don’t allow doodling that doesn’t relate to notes
4. Notebook should only be used in a specific class
5. No tearing out pages!
6. Write title and author at the top of each page.
1. Left side belongs to students—diagrams, cartoons, drawings, poems, foldables, etc.
2. Right side belongs to teacher– teacher guided notes, comments to students, graded tests.
8. Use the pictures below for additional help.