This activity can be used in a notebook, or without, to help students with determining the difference between narrative and expository prompts. With these print outs, you can do several different activities.
1. You could use this as an assessment tool in their notebooks after discussing the differences in class.
2. This could be used to teach the differences in class through their notebooks or as something for them to come back to in their notebooks for reference.
3. This could be used as an assessment tool, independent activity, or partner activity. After completion, students could pick one of the prompts to then write about in the next few pages of their notebooks.
4. Students could complete this in their notebook and use the next few pages to review brainstorming, prewriting, and drafting for each specific essay structure.
5. This could be used in small group instruction as a way to review the two types of texts and their prompts.
TEKS: Langauge Arts
3.17, 4.15, 4.17, 4.18, 5.15, 5.17, 5.18