Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
0.27 MB | 13 pages
To move up from Novice Mid to Novice High, language learners need connector words like conjunctions and prepositions. This chant combines the most common connectors students need to form more complex sentences.
RHYTHM & RHYME will help these important words stick in students' memory.
SILLY VERSES provide context for how these words can be used in sentences and a funny hook to remember each word.
IMAGES corresponding to each verse provide visual cues to help students call up the words and/or verse contexts.
1. Present the chant out loud with images using the attached Powerpoint (full chant at bit.ly/connectorchant) to help students put their images in order.
2. Students repeat the chorus with you the second, third, and fourth time.
3. Have students paste the chorus at the top and then each of the three images below, in order left to right.
4. Have them paste the two verse boxes below each image.
5. Use the Powerpoint to help students fill in the blanks.