This lesson is pages 3-4 of the US History since 1877 Interactive Notebook. The topic covered on these pages are:
• Natural resources that led to industrial growth
• Edwin Drake’s discovery of oil
• Transportation as it corresponds to free market enterprise
• New inventions (telephone, light bulb, and automatic loom)
In each Interactive Notebook page (please follow me to see other pages), there are two pages. The left side is the odd numbered pages and the right side is the even numbered pages. The right side is the new material that I deliver. It is based on the McGraw Hill textbook “United States History Since 1877”. All pages are editable so you can make it fit your textbook or your needs. The left page is what the students produce in response to the new material from the right page.
A few things to note:
• The powerpoint notes are fill in the blank notes. It is general information that I use as talking points as I deliver the notes
• Some PowerPoint versions are funny about the videos and how they are played. I have included the video clip. If it acts weird just insert the file in the powerpoint.
• The margins on the notes in Word are purposely small so they can fit on the page under the vocabulary and also not cover up the What it Means/Notes Column
• I use lots of tape.
This download includes everything to create the pages pictured in the preview including the PowerPoint, fill in the blank notes, vocabulary, and instructions to complete the assignment on the left page.
**Thank you for your interest.