Teach your students all about sentences with this Interactive Notebook Sentence Unit from The Resourceful Teacher.
The complete unit is filled with topics including complete sentences and fragments, the four types of sentences (interrogative, declarative, exclamatory, and imperative), subjects and predicates, diagramming sentences, compound subjects and predicates, compound sentences, and fact and opinion.
The unit is written for 3rd grade but could easily be adapted for grades 1-3.
This Complete Unit Includes:
- Interactive Notebook Pages for each lesson
- Lesson Plans
- Activity Pages
- Answer Keys
- Diagramming Cards to be used as whole group instruction, collaboration, or as a center
- Teacher ideas, tips, and sample sentences for teaching each lesson
Can also be used for reteaching / reengaging and extra practice.
Objectives Covered in Unit:
- The students will be able to identify subjects and predicates in sentences.
- The students will be able to write complete sentences using a subject and predicate.
- The students will write complete sentences using a capital letter and correct ending punctuation.
- The students will add correct punctuation to the end of sentences.
- Identify declarative, interrogative, imperative, and exclamatory sentences.
- The students will add subjects to predicates.
- The students will add predicates to subjects.
- The students will identify compound subjects.
- The students will identify compound predicates.
- The students will add compound subjects to incomplete sentences.
- The students will add compound predicates to incomplete sentences.
- The students will identify compound sentences.
- The students will be able to write compound sentences using a comma and a conjunction.
- The students will differentiate between fact and opinion.
- The students will write fact and opinion sentences.
Download the preview to check it out!
DON'T MISS THESE FREEBIES!
- Context Clues Anchor Chart
- Context Clues Graphic Organizer
- Speeding Tickets
- Using Commas Center
- Sentence Types Interactive Notebook
- Teacher Binder Calendars
OTHER GREAT PRODUCTS:
- Behavior Documentation Forms for Teacher Binder
- Bridal Shower Activities for Students
- Classroom Jobs Lanyard Tags
- Facebook Page Worksheet - Back to School
- Fully Editable Teacher Binder with Updates - Polka Dots and Chevron Theme
- Physical and Chemical Weathering Demonstration and Science Experiment
- Reading Rubrics / Reading Evaluations Bundle
- Science Units Bundle - Examining Cells, Classifying Fingerprints, Sound, and more!
- Spelling Test Paper (25 words)
- Step up to Writing ELA Bundle
- Step up to Writing Resources
- Step up to Writing - Writing a Personal Narrative - ELA Bundle
- Student Observation Checklist 1 - Teacher or Administrator
- Tale of Despereaux Unit - ELA Reading Comprehension , Vocab, and more!
ALL NEW PRODUCTS DEBUT AT 20% OFF FOR MY FOLLOWERS!
Look for and click the ★ GREEN STAR ★
next to my store logo at the top right corner of this page to become a follower. This will allow you to be notified each time I debut a new product or FREEBIE!
If you would like to get updates on new and current resources...
- Follow me on FACEBOOK
- Tweet me on TWITTER
- Collaborate with me on PINTEREST
Have you ever thought of selling your own products on Teachers Pay Teachers?
to sign-up and start making money!
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
Purchasing this product grants permission for use by one teacher in his or her own classroom. If you intend to share with others, please purchase an additional license.
English Language Arts, Grammar, Writing, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Worksheets, Lesson Plans, Student Activities, Notebook Sentences, Lesson Plans, Worksheets, Interactive Notebook, Compound Subjects, declarative Sentences, Interrogative Sentences, Imperative Sentences, Exclamatory Sentences, Sentence Subjects, Sentence Predicates, Fact vs. Opinion Sentences