This product is a PowerPoint presentation that goes through each step of setting up interactive notebooks for my classroom. Everything is editable, including the pictures and graphics. Please make sure you have the necessary technology to download the file.
I have my students do the following steps to set up their notebooks:
1. Label their name and I use neon color coding labels for each class
2. Cut & Paste construction paper onto the back of their front cover - this helps to make it a bit more sturdy
3. Add their Table of Contents (cut & paste onto the first page)
4. First Table of Contents entry
5. Greek & Latin Roots worksheet into the front (stapled on the back of the front cover in the corner to ensure they can still see the front and back of the worksheet) - I just Googled "Common Greek and Latin Roots" and found a worksheet. This could helpful in any content area, but could be interchangeable with another worksheet
6. Create a folder with notebook pages (includes a picture that is labeled with exactly where to place their glue)
7. Number odd pages only
I included my Bitmoji to make the presentation more visually appealing (there is an add-on for Google Chrome, if you're interested). Please feel free to make any changes that are necessary for your class and/or content area. I hope you enjoy the resource and please let me know if you have any trouble!