These activities will capture the attention of your students and will keep them engaged throughout your lesson. These activities can be completed at any point in the lesson - as a way to engage your students when the bell rings, as a main activity of the lesson or as a way to wrap up your lesson in a meaningful way. The handouts are a great way for you to assess your students' knowledge about the content and their critical thinking skills.
The activities focus on ancient Greece and covers the following topics: Minoan & Mycenaean civilizations, democracy, the Council, the Assembly, jurors, generals, Persian War, Athenian citizens, Spartans, city-state of Athens, warships, women, slaves, Hippocrates, Cleisthenes, Pericles, hoplites, Alexander the Great, Peloponnesian War, Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.
Each handout comes with clip art that makes learning even more interesting and enjoyable! Each question comes with a ½ sheet and full sheet option.
There are 44 different questions in the product and here is a small sampling (each one comes with clip art to make it more interesting for your students to complete):
1) Design a commemorative stamp to honor the life of Pericles, the leader who started the Golden Age of Athens.
2) Consider the events, actions, and accomplishments of the Alexander the Great and design currency to represent him.
3) Design a colorful and detailed website showcasing the beliefs of Plato.
4) Create two apps on the iPad that would help citizens of a Greek polis solve a problem, find a solution and overcome a struggle.
5) Fill out an email inbox by imagining that Athenians and Persians had email during the Persian War.
Feel free to check out my related products:
Classical Greece Unit: Activities and Projects (200+ Pages)
Democracy in Athens: Non-Fiction Text, Notes, Questions and Projects
Travel Brochure of Classical Athens
Festival Brochure of Classical Athens
Training Guide for Citizens of Sparta
Governments of Greece: Student Talk Show