These activities will capture the attention of your students and will keep them engaged throughout your lesson. These activities can be completed at any point in the lesson - as a way to engage your students when the bell rings, as a main activity of the lesson or as a way to wrap up your lesson in a meaningful way. The handouts are a great way for you to assess your students' knowledge about the content and their critical thinking skills.
The activities focus on the Constitution (legislative, executive, and judicial branches) and the Bill of Rights. Each handout comes with clip art that makes learning even more interesting and enjoyable! Each question comes with a ½ sheet and full sheet option.
There are 41 different questions in the product and here is a small sampling (each one comes with clip art to make it more interesting for your students to complete):
1) Design the award of a senator or representation to honor his or her achievements or actions.
2) Design a commemorative stamp to honor the life, actions and accomplishments of a Supreme Court Justice.
3) Fill out the the email inbox as though it belongs to the president, a congressperson or a justice.
4) Create two apps on the iPad that would help law enforcement officers follow the rights protected under the fourth amendment.
5) Design a movie poster in order to showcase what life would be like if the Bill of Rights didn’t exist.
Feel free to check out my related products:
Create a Visual of the Three Branches of Government
Constitution and Bill of Rights Project: Create a Board Game
Bill of Rights Project: Create an Informational Booklet
Constitution and Bill of Rights Complete Unit of 250 Pages