It seems now, more than ever, it is imperative to get all of our students to master the standards. Yet this can be so hard for our newest students...the ones who are just learning to speak English.
Instant Scaffolding was designed with newcomer English Language Learners in mind. No need to scaffold your exponents lessons for your newcomers—just print the specially-designed notebook templates and start teaching!
All notebook entries build upon the previous entry, with repeated practice to ensure understanding.
Notebook Entries Include:
• Introduction to Exponents
• Word Form
• Expanded Form
• Exponential Form
• Standard Form
Notebook Templates Feature:
• two tiers of differentiation (for different levels of English Language Learners)
• four levels of built-in scaffolding, designed to help your ELLs build their confidence and understanding
• a consistent, repetitive format to allow newcomers to follow along with ease
• eye-catching icons to help students understand each note-taking section and its purpose
• simplistic sentences to provide exposure to academic language, in an easy-to-read format
• a quick and easy set-up...students can just cut the rectangular template and glue right into their notebooks, saving you valuable time
• coordinating homework pages with answer keys
Please see the preview file for more information and visuals!