Buy the bundle and SAVE: Interactive Phonics Activities for the Year
These fun and interactive phonics activities are perfect for your students to use during small group instruction time, at word work, and for independent practice! This packet focuses on the short a sound. I'll be adding all of the additional sounds in the next few weeks.
This 72-page packet includes:
- "I Can" Poster and "Short A" poster
- Trace and Paste Easy Reader – This little easy reader centers around a little character named Dan. Students have to read the mini-book, trace the short a words, and then "illustrate" the story by matching the correct pictures to the correct page.
- Stamp and Write – For this activity, students look at the picture, stamp the word to match the picture, and then use the word in a sentence.
- Trace and Draw – For this activity, students read the word and trace it, and then draw a picture to match the word
- Unscramble the Word – For this activity, students will look at the picture and unscramble the letters to build a real word.
- Match It – Students look at the picture and find the matching word. You could have them Velcro the words or just place them on the card.
- Just Dot It – For this activity, students dot or color the correct word that matches the picture.
- Write Your Own – For this activity, students choose 3 picture cards to write and draw. Then, they write a silly story using the three words.
- Practice Pages – The short a practice pages are perfect for students to complete as a quick assessment/independent activity.
Please download the large Preview before purchasing!
You may also like…