HALLOWEEN CANDY THEMED DIFFERENTIATED PLAY DOUGH MATH CENTER for PreK-1 includes a collection of four variations of counting mats for the development of number sense and counting skills.
Designed to be visually SIMPLE & printer-ink friendly! Perfect for students who have special learning needs. These were created because I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for online - I needed something that I could differentiate for a wide variety of levels in my classroom!
Common Core aligned with Counting & Cardinality standards and ideal for special education and RTI programs!
51 page PDF file
Four variations of play dough math mats for numbers 0-10:
- Filled in tens frame & matching quantity of candy in bag
- Filled in tens frame & empty bag
- Empty tens frame & filled bag
- Empty tens frame & empty bag
Orange play dough
Cardstock, laminator & scissors
Choose your preferred version (zero is the same for all sets)
Print on 8.5”x11” cardstock (be sure to check your printer settings to ensure that it doesn't cut off part of the border - adjust 'scaling' as needed)
Laminate entire mat
For a self-checking math center:
- Print 2nd, 3rd or 4th version on 8.5”x11” cardstock (depending on your students needs)
- Print first version (w/ both full tens frame & full tree) adjusted to 4 slides per page (adjust this in your print settings) on 8.5”x11” cardstock (you will use these small print outs as the 'masters' for self-checking)
- Laminate large mats and small ‘masters’
- Cut out small ‘masters,’ punch a hole in upper left corner & put on a metal ring to make a ‘master’ book for self-checking.
Common Core Aligned:
KEYWORDS: halloween theme, fall, season, candy, October, graphing, dice, counting, number sense, fall theme, colors, special education, RTI, response to intervention.