Jelly Bean THEMED DIFFERENTIATED PLAY DOUGH MATH CENTER for PreK-1 includes a collection of four variations of counting mats for the hands-on development of number sense and counting skills.
Intentionally created to be SIMPLE & FREE of excessive clipart – Ink/Printer Friendly!
Designed for and used with my own students who have special learning needs. These were created because I just couldn't find exactly what I was looking for online - I needed something that I could differentiate for a wide variety of levels in my classroom!
Common Core aligned with Counting & Cardinality standards and ideal for special education and RTI programs!
53 page PDF file
Four variations of play dough math mats for numbers 0-10:
- Filled in tens frame & matching quantity of jelly beans in a jar
- Filled in tens frame & empty jar
- Empty tens frame & filled jar
- Empty tens frame & empty jar
Play dough OR manipulatives for counting
Cardstock, laminator & scissors
Choose your preferred version (zero is the same for all sets)
Print on 8.5”x11” cardstock
Laminate entire mat
For a self-checking math center:
- Print 2nd, 3rd or 4th version on 8.5”x11” cardstock (depending on your students needs)
- Print first version (w/ both full tens frame & full jar) adjusted to 4 slides per page (adjust this in your print settings) on 8.5”x11” cardstock (you will use these small print outs as the 'masters' for self-checking)
- Laminate large mats and small ‘masters’
- Cut out small ‘masters,’ punch a hole in upper left corner & put on a metal ring to make a ‘master’ book for self-checking.
Common Core Aligned:
KEYWORDS: jelly bean, easter theme, spring, candy, playdoh, play dough, play doh, counting, number sense, colors, special education, RTI, response to intervention.