This is a interactive printable dice made for a 1:1 "IPad/Chrome Book" set up classroom. They use their QR Scanner App to scan the side of the dice they roll. It has the following reading/ELA based questions/tasks to do in a group, pairs, or as a whole class. (best use is a small group)
You may also just use this printable dice "key" as the dice if devices are not available.
It's a great way to interact with any text!
This printable dice has the following on it:
- Share an unfamiliar word. Talk as a group about the possible meaning of that wrk.
- Make an inference about the text. Highlight the evidence that made you think that way.
- What is the purpose of the text? How do you know?
- Make a connection to what was just read or compare it to something you know.
- Ask a question about the text.
- Give the "gist" of what you just read.