Also included in
- Looking for a fun and interactive read aloud, matching lessons and engaging activities that meet various core standards within your week of learning? This bundle will have you covered for up to 4 weeks of learning fun during the month of March! You’ll SAVE BIG (40% off) with the Crafting Comprehensi$11.00$18.50Save $7.50
- Hook your little readers with an interactive read aloud, focused mini-lessons paired with matching student response sheets and varied crafts that look amazing on a monthly bulletin board! Each individual kit is built to support you up to 5 days with 5 different activities depending on your classroom$85.00$169.75Save $84.75
This is a read aloud kit that provides you with targeted lessons, crafts, printable(s) and literacy activities for up to 5 days using the mentor text, The Very Impatient Caterpillar by Ross Burach in a Kindergarten or First Grade classroom to build up comprehension.
* * SAVE BIG and grab this kit in the March Bundle | up to 40% off BUNDLE price * *
*large update on 2/21/21*
This is a SILLY story about an uninformed and IMPATIENT caterpillar awaiting its butterfly transformation inside a chrysalis! The reader will see the caterpillar go into the chrysalis a caterpillar and exit a beautiful, impatient and still unaware butterfly! It would make a great launch to a butterfly life cycle unit for science or to use as a Spring read aloud as a reminder of patience!
The goal of this resource is to provide you response and comprehension support (for up to a week) using mentor text to help students make connections to deeper understanding! Start the week with a fantastic read aloud, guide your discussions via the printables/anchor chart & end your week with a meaningful craft to display all your students learning.
• Read Aloud Questioning Card for Comprehension
• Lesson Plan Overview (5 Different Activities, Possible 5 Days)
*** includes: how to implement in the classroom & examples
• Butterfly Craft and Written Response options
• Connections: Impatient/Patient, Picture Sort, Foldable/Printables
• Vocabulary: 4 Word/Picture Cards, Game Idea and Printables
• Retelling: Mini Poster, 6 Retelling Cards for Pocket Chart, Caterpillar Sequence Craft, or BME Printable/Foldable (Optional Butterfly Life Cycle version)
• Character Traits: Mini Poster, Discussion Cards and Printable
+ Additional Printables: Story Map, P&S, Butterfly Life Cycle, Word Search & Prompt
* * * * * You Might Also Enjoy * * * * *
TEKS Aligned Focuses:
K.6D and 1.7D (Retelling)
K.7D and 1.8B (Describe the Main Character)
K.6B Written Response
K.6A Describe Personal Connection
K.6F & 1.7F Respond with New Vocabulary
RL.K.2 – Retell Stories with Key Details
RL.K.4 – Unknown Words
RL.K.10 – Engage in Group Activities with Purpose & Understanding
RL.K.1 With prompting and support, ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
RL.1.2 – Retelling
RL.1.3 – Describe Main Details
***** CUSTOMER TIPS!
Earn back TPT Credit$ toward FUTURE purchases!
After purchasing, come back to this resource to review it via the Provide Feedback button. It's quick, easy and the best part - TPT gives you points back to use toward future purchases.
Interested in knowing about my new resources and discounts?
Click here to follow my store to stay current an all the things!
If you enjoyed this book craft, you might also enjoy: