Interactive Read Alouds are a fun and exciting way to teach elementary students just learning basic reading skills. These three Interactive Close Reads are meant to be read out loud to your students, actively engaging each child, teaching students how to dig deeper into stories, build literacy concepts, phonics, teach writing on a daily basis, and expand and build vocabulary. The Biggest Ever Series by Steven Kroll uses the same characters, Clayton and Desmond, to help students compare, contrast, write, and discuss life skills.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE $ FOR 30 CLOSE READING UNITS FOR THE YEAR!
Close Reads in Growing Bundle:
Click on links below to see a detailed description of all each of these three Close Read Alouds offer!
This Growing Bundle Begins with the following Close Reads:
BIGGEST PUMPKIN EVER WEEK LONG CLOSE READ
THE BIGGEST CHRISTMAS TREE EVER CLOSE READ UNIT
THE BIGGEST SNOWMAN EVER CLOSE READ
This is a THREE WEEK Close Read GROWING UNIT for The Biggest Series by Steven Kroll that focuses on the following skills:
• Making Predictions
• Story Comprehension
• Compare and Contrast Stories
• Compare and Contrast Characters
• Teaching Text to Self Connections
• Teaching Speaking and Listening Skills
• Teaching Students HOW to Dig Deeper into text
• Teach a LOVE of Reading
• Using Graphic Organizers
• Phonics Concepts
• Science Concepts
This Growing Bundle Includes:
•Three Weeks of Daily Lesson Plans
• Focus Questions (8 per page)
• Flip Tab Focus Questions for 2nd and 3rd Grades (2 per page)
• Higher Level Thinking Question Cards
• Digging Deeper Questions
• Graphing Activities for Each Story
•27 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards
• Flip Book to Compare and Contrast
• Diagram Somebody Wanted But Them
• Print and Go Vocabulary ELA Student Journal cards (4 per page)
• 5 Illustrated Main Events Sequence Student Sequence Cards (2 per page)
• Phonics 5 x 7 Posters
• Science Concept Sorts
• Phonics Concept Sorts
• 2nd and 3rd Grade Concept Sort Flip Tab Cover with advanced skills
• 5 question YES or NO Test
• Simple and Inexpensive Crafts and Craft Idea
This Close Read is recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd grade and gives directions on how to differentiate the lessons based on grade levels. All Common Core Standards are not listed! This can even be used for ELL and Struggling Readers in 4th and 5th Grade.
Click on the links below to see my Year Long Close Read Money Savings Bundle.
YEAR LONG CLOSE READ MONEY SAVING BUNDLE
CHRISTMAS DECEMBER CLOSE READS BUNDLE
HALLOWEEN and FALL CLOSE READS BUNDLE
FEBRUARY CLOSE READS 4 WEEK BUNDLE
JANUARY CLOSE READS and ACTIVITIES BUNDLE
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL PROMOTIONS just for YOU! If you are looking for a CLOSE READ on ANY BOOK please post me a QUESTION on my store page and I'll be happy to make it for you.
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!