Also included in
- Print-and-go Interactive Read Aloud lessons for the entire year! This bundle includes 101 complete lessons that set you up for teaching your daily whole group reading lesson with highly effective Interactive Read Alouds. Once you have the mentor text suggested for each lesson (the texts are NOT incl$30.80$44.00Save $13.20
- This yearlong bundle includes three parts to your daily reading comprehension instruction:PART 1: WHOLE GROUP LESSON (Interactive Read Aloud)TEACH your whole group lesson with powerful Interactive Read Aloud lessons! Each lesson includes a script that goes along with a mentor text. I give you intera$118.13$131.25Save $13.12
- This yearlong bundle includes three parts to your daily reading comprehension instruction:PART 1: WHOLE GROUP LESSON (Interactive Read Aloud)TEACH your whole group lesson with powerful Interactive Read Aloud lessons! Each lesson includes a script that goes along with a mentor text (a book I suggest$118.13$131.25Save $13.12
Six COMPLETE print-and-go Interactive Read Aloud Lessons for teaching about MAIN AUTHOR'S PURPOSE. This product works perfectly for teachers who are either new or experienced with teaching using an Interactive Read Aloud. I have included a concise primer that everyone can use for making every read aloud as effective as possible!
Each lesson includes a detailed script that goes along with a mentor text. I give you interactive stopping points for every read aloud. The stopping points use interactive elements such as turn and talk, sign language, and stop and jot.
If you are new to using Interactive Read Alouds to teach reading, don't worry! I have included step-by-step directions for making every read aloud a success!
DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION INCLUDED
In addition to the traditional printable pack, the activities in this download can also be assigned via Google slides or Google Classroom, which makes it very versatile for digital distance learning.
WHAT GRADE LEVEL IS THIS FOR?
This product was specifically written for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade classrooms. In the preview, I give a suggested break down of which of the lessons should be taught in each grade level. However, you are not limited! You can pick and choose from any of the lessons so that you get a huge range of differentiated lessons to choose from!
This bundle was not specifically written for 5th grade teachers. However, there are still MANY lessons included that would be very applicable in a 5th grade classroom. Check out the lesson titles in the preview to see if you think it would be a good match for your class.
Every lesson includes a printable anchor chart that you can either print on full size chart paper or on 8”x11” paper.
CONVENIENT LESSON FORMAT
Every Interactive Read Aloud lesson can either be printed onto one piece of paper or onto sticky notes that you can place directly on the mentor text.
After each lesson, send students to read independently with an exit task bookmark aligned to the day’s lesson. There is a student workbook included that holds completed bookmarks along with a copy of the anchor chart that went with the lesson.
Everything in here is ready to go. All you need to do is print the lessons and gather the mentor texts. Everything is scripted, so your planning time is less than two minutes per lesson! You can even hand these lessons off to subs or reading aides!
• Facts vs. Opinions
• The Author's Reasons and Evidence
• The Author's Perspective
• Author's Perspective vs. My Perspective
• Why Did the Author Write This?
THIS PRODUCT IS STREAMLINED TO WORK PERFECTLY WITH THESE TWO ADDITIONAL PRODUCTS:
The Reading Strategy Group Bundle offers corresponding reading strategy groups to nearly every Interactive Read Aloud lesson in this product. If you have a group of students who struggled to grasp one of the Interactive Read Alouds, then you can pull them together to work on it in a small group.
The Differentiated Daily Quick Reads are quick, 5-minute, reading warm ups that are perfectly aligned to the Interactive Read Aloud lessons in this product. Students independently read short passages and then answer questions focused on the specific strategies that you have taught. Review weeks are sprinkled throughout so that students continually go back and work on previously learned strategies.
These are amazing additions to your Interactive Read Aloud lessons, but certainly not required.
WANT THIS IN A BUNDLE?
You can find this unit within the following bundle:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do these lessons align with your Strategy Group Bundle?
Yes! I have aligned these lessons seamlessly so that you have the option to follow up your whole group Interactive Read Aloud lessons with small strategy groups when needed.
What mentor texts do I need to teach these lessons?
The suggested mentor texts I have chosen are books that are commonly found in classroom, school, or public libraries. I intentionally did not use the newest title found in bookstores (even though I love them!) because I wanted books that would easily located by most teachers. I added "youtube options" for several of the mentor text suggestions so that you could watch a video of the book being read if you don't have a copy of it. You can check out the preview to see the recommended book titles for each lesson.