Want to read one favorite chapter books to your class and have tons of higher order thinking questions ready to go for you?! I did all the hard work for you! These questions and activities are perfect for students in grades 1-3.
Did you know: I continue to add more chapter books throughout this unit! Every time I do, the price goes up - so buy in now to get all future lessons for FREE!
Many teachers have used these as sub plans since all you need is to print the lesson and grab the book and you're ready to go!
Want to try a FREE lesson?! Download the preview now to see an entire lesson and what is included for each book!
Kick your read aloud up a notch or two with focused, planned out lessons all ready for you to print and teach. Each page includes an intro to prepare students for their learning and higher level thinking questions with the page numbers of where to stop in the text.
This unit is intended for students in grades 1-3 and includes more detailed and thorough comprehension questions, vocabulary, and writing responses.
If you are looking for the picture book version (grades k-2), check that out below:
Interactive Read Aloud Lessons (K-2)
EACH LESSON WILL INCLUDE:
- An easy-to-use 1 page read aloud lesson with a comprehension question(s) for every chapter
- Vocabulary words and activities
- Overall questions for the end of the book
- A reading response booklet
- Several writing response sheets to choose from
This unit will include read aloud lessons for the following books:
- My Father’s Dragon by Ruth Stiles Gannett
- Mercy Watson to the Rescue by Kate DiCamillo
- The Chocolate Touch by Patrick Catling
- Toys Go Out by Emily Jenkins
- The Mouse and the Motorcyle by Beverly Cleary
- Jenny and the Cat Club by Esther Averill
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Stuart Little by E.B. White
- The Magic Treehouse (#1) by Mary Pope Osborne
- Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown
- Jaden Touissant the Greatest (#1) by Marti Dumas
- The One and Only Ivan by Katherine Applegate
I currently have no end total in my mind for how many books will be included in this unit.
Looking for a particular chapter book geared towards grades 1-3?
email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
& let me know!