This Interactive Picture Book Read Aloud Five Day Unit is the perfect Back to School ELA set. Students will learn that being different is the only way to be with this five day ELA set that includes: Scripted Lesson Plans, Graphic Organizers. Phonics, Vocabulary, Writing, Anchor Charts, and teaches your students how to Dig Deeper into Text in a fun and exciting way!
CLICK HERE TO SAVE $ FOR 30 CLOSE READING UNITS FOR THE YEAR!
This set focuses on the following skills:
• OPINION WRITING
• USING GRAPHIC ORGANIZERS
• PROBLEM and SOLUTION
• CHARACTER TRAITS
• TEXT TO SELF CONNECTIONS
• DIGGING DEEPER INTO TEXT
• AN and IT WORD FAMILIES
• Two Formats of Questions
• 4 Cut, Paste and Glue Focus Questions for K-1st Grades (8 per page)
• 6 Flip-Tabs Focus Questions for 2nd and 3rd Grade (2 per page)
Students will use these focus questions and concept sorts in a way that will teach and show them how to Think, Write, and Illustrate their responses,
not just respond to text based questions.
• One word family concept sorts for AN and IT
• One syllable concept sort
• 8 Story Comprehension Questions
These questions teach students how to dig deeper into the text and use text to self connections that relate to their lives. You can use these Questions Cards with Small or Whole Group Instruction.
• Digging Deeper Questions on every page in the book
These Questions are scripted making them perfect for Subs!
• 8 Illustrated Vocabulary Cards
• Student ELA Journal Vocabulary Cards (4 per page)
You will use these to help students:
• better understand word meanings
• use antonyms and synonyms
• write definitions in their own words
• illustrate meaning of words
Older students can use these to write and demonstrate the four types of sentences, look up word meanings in Dictionaries, Thesauruses, and Online.
• Two colorful and illustrated posters on PROBLEM and SOLUTION
• Two colorful and illustrated 5 x 7 PHONICS CARDS
• 5 DAYS of LESSON PLANS with detailed instructions already prepared for you
• Sequence Illustrated Cut and Paste Sheets (2 per page)
• Five Question YES or NO TEST (2 per page)
• CRAFTIVITY to make UNIQUE BOYS and UNIQUE GIRLS for WRITING PROJECT
All you will need to do is print and cut the EASY PREP PRINTABLES for ELA JOURNALS or notebook paper. This unit focuses on COMMON CORE standards and gives instruction for each grade level on how to adjust the lessons each day.
This Close Read is recommended for Kindergarten through 3rd Grade, but can be used for Struggling ELL students in 4th grader. Lesson Plans are written for EACH GRADE LEVEL K-3RD
telling how to use the lesson.
Other Resources you may be interested in can be found by clicking on the following links.
TOPS and BOTTOMS CLOSE READ LESSONS PLANS and ACTIVITIES for K-3rd GRADE
STAND TALL MOLLY LOU MELLON CLOSE READ
BLENDS and DIGRAPHS I HAVE WHO HAS BUNDLE
ANIMALS AROUND THE WORLD BUNDLE
SEQUENCE POSTERS and STUDENT SET
THE BIGGEST PUMPKIN EVER CLOSE READ
You get HALF OFF ALL MY NEW PRODUCTS the FIRST 24 HOURS POSTED! I am posting NEW PRODUCTS WEEKLY so be sure and CLICK the GREEN STAR by my store name to become a FOLLOWER, and SAVE 50% off my products.
I'd love for you to follow me on INSTAGRAM to get to know the person behind my Oink4PIGTALES store just click the link below.
You can also follow me on my BLOG by clicking on the link below.
To connect with me on Facebook
Please be sure and share anything you have purchased from my store by tagging me in your photos for SPECIAL PROMOTIONS just for YOU! If you are looking for a CLOSE READ on ANY BOOK please post me a QUESTION on my store page and I'll be happy to make it for you.
I hope you and your students enjoy this set!