The Interactive Read Aloud Story Wands are a fun way to reinforce reading comprehension during read alouds in the classroom. Work on specific skills or story elements or choose wands at random for fun! Also works well for keeping students engaged during read alouds. Wands are color coded for before reading, during reading, and after reading questions. There are six before and six during reading questions and twelve after reading questions included.
Directions for use:
- Print stars in color on cardstock (they can be printed double-sided or single-sided)
- Laminate and cut out all stars
- Glue stars to the top of plastic “krazy straws” (can be found on Amazon, craft stores, etc.) to create wands
- Store in a jar and keep in a place where you do classroom or at-home read alouds
- Pull straws (or have specific straws ready) during your read alouds to reinforce comprehension
Enjoy! :) #helpnorcal