Also included in
- Interactive read aloud lesson plans for social studies that are ready for you to simply print and teach! Each book comes with a historical figures lesson to teach your students. Enhance student engagement and understanding through the use of picture books in your social studies block.Each interact$22.50$25.00Save $2.50
Interactive read aloud lesson plans for social studies that are ready for you to simply print and teach! Each book comes with a voting lesson to teach your students about the election. Enhance student engagement and understanding through the use of picture books in your social studies block.
- Grace for President by Kelly DiPucchio
- Vote! by Eileen Christelow
- Duck for President by Doreen Cronin
- My Teacher for President by Kay Winters
- If I Ran for President by Katherine Stier
Each voting lesson includes:
- teacher guide
- one page lesson with discussion questions
- printable sticky notes
- written response sheet
- activity sheet (with answer key if applicable)
Each interactive read aloud includes a teacher's guide that outlines the lesson. It provides an introduction to help prepare your students for their learning and to set a purpose for the the read aloud. It also includes important vocabulary words and the standards that the lesson covers.
There are higher level thinking questions and talking points to prompt student discussion. Each one includes a page number so that you know exactly where to stop! These will guide students to use evidence from the text to deepen their understanding of the story and respond in meaningful ways.
The discussion questions can be printed out as a one page guide, or on sticky notes, which allow you to place them right in the book!
The interactive read aloud also comes with a written response, activity sheet and extension activities to really help your students connect with the text and build their knowledge on social studies concepts.
The whole read aloud lesson is included, so it takes the pressure of planning off of you! It also provides an easy task to leave for a substitute teacher.
The interactive read aloud lesson plans for social studies are meaningful and engaging, yet they are simple and can be completed in a short amount of time.
These voting lessons are perfect for Election Day or to coincide with your social studies curriculum!
Keep your teaching colorful,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Connect with me!