Help your students apply the essential and effective fiction reading strategies they need to become successful, lifelong readers! This interactive notebook will help your students practice thinking critically about what they read and explain their thinking through written expression.
Each flip book contains 6 reading strategy assignments, totaling 90 for the school year! There are four reading prompt assignments and two sticky note assignments per page. All assignments are completed on ONE journal or notebook paper page!
The Fiction Reading Strategies that are practiced include:
2. Clarifying and Monitoring
3. Making Connections
6. Making Inferences
Flip for Reading
- may be used with whole groups, small groups, or individually.
- are Common Core aligned.
-are designed to help students think critically and explain their thinking through written expression.
- are a novel alternative to worksheets!
- quickly and neatly attach to journal pages or notebook paper.
-create more work space in journals and notebooks!
-are manipulative and engaging!
-can be used over and over with different lessons!
1. A Fiction Reading Log - Students have space not only to record the title, author, and date completed, but to write what's so great about the book they read and what they will remember most.
2. A Fiction Reading Strategies Poster
3. An "Ideas for Fiction Sticky Notes Responses" Poster
4. 15 Fiction Reading Strategies Flip Books
5. A fun rubric that helps students evaluate their work.
Check out these other Flip for Reading Resources!
Flip for Reading Bundle: Includes all 4 sets at a 25% discount!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~