Help your students apply the essential and effective nonfiction reading strategies they need to become successful, lifelong readers! This interactive notebook will help your students practice thinking critically about what they read and explain their thinking through written expression.
These 6 in 1 Glueables contain 6 reading strategy assignments, totaling 90 for the school year! There are four reading prompt assignments and two sticky note assignments per page. The awesome part is all assignments are completed on ONE journal or notebook paper page!
The Nonfiction Reading Strategies that are practiced include:
1. Determining Importance
2. Clarifying and Monitoring
3. Using Text Features
5. Making Connections
• neatly attach to journal pages or notebook paper.
• may be used to create a learning portfolio, reducing the worksheet pileup!
• may be used with whole groups, small groups, or individually.
• are Common Core aligned.
• are a novel alternative to worksheets!
• are manipulative and engaging!
• create more space in journals and notebooks!
• can be used over and over with different lessons!
• are designed to help students think critically and explain their thinking through written expression.
• are designed to incorporate more writing into the subject areas.
• are quick and easy to attach!
Attaching a Glueable is as easy as 1-2-3!
Step 1: Cut on the dotted border around the assignment. Toss the border. This will be the only piece of paper to throw away.
Step 2: Cut on the remaining dotted lines to create the flip pages. For some Glueables, you will need to fold the paper in half, lining up the dotted lines to cut through two layers. This will keep you from having to puncture the page with scissor tips.
Step 3: Attach the Glueable to a journal page or to notebook paper by gluing all parts of the assignment that do not flip.
1. A GLUEABLE Nonfiction Reading Log - Students have space not only to record the title, author, and date completed, but to write what's so great about the book they read and what they will remember most.
2. A Nonfiction Reading Strategies Poster
3. An "Ideas for Nonfiction Sticky Notes Responses" Poster
4. 15 Nonfiction Reading Strategies GLUEABLES
5. A fun rubric that helps students evaluate their work.
Check out these other Glueables Resources!
Glueables Bundle: Includes all 4 sets at a 25% discount!
I hope you choose to download this product. If you do and find it helpful, please follow me, leave a great rating, and check out the other products in my store! Thank you!
~For personal and single classroom use only.~