This interactive reading notebook provides 100+ pages for a year of teaching & learning critical thinking and reading skills. This interactive notebook not only helps students develop their thinking, but also provides an anchor they can access throughout the year. I've included pictures of what each page looks like in students' notebooks, along with tips and tricks to make the most of your interactive notebooks throughout the year.
If you're looking for...
-- a way to teach and assess the Common Core Reading Standards throughout the year
-- a way for your students to stay engaged and enthusiastic about their reading, while becoming reflective about their strengths, needs, and progress throughout the year
... then this product is for you!
I spent the past year making this interactive notebook (and testing it out) with my students, and I was thrilled with the results!
This product includes the following:
- Ask questions while reading
- Make inferences
- Determine what's important
- Compare & contrast characters, plots, and themes
- Notice how a character changes
- Interpret the theme/author's message
- Think about a lesson learned
- Identify figurative language
- Determine main idea & key details
- Evaluate point of view
- Analyze a character's actions
- Understand structural elements
- Make connections between cause & effect
- Use context clues to figure out a new word
- Decode and understand multisyllable words
- Compare & contrast different points of view
- Cite text evidence to support thinking
- Describe favorite parts with details
- Visualize what's happening in a text
- Reflect and set new goals
Be sure to download the preview to see this product in action!
Be sure to "follow me" to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% off new products for the first 48 hours!
Visit my blog: One Lucky Teacher
Follow me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram