This is an ActivInspire Flicpchart for Promethean Boards that is 17 slides long.
Each Thinking Map is explained with the skills and concepts it can address and gives reasons why the map is effective. Then the following those slides are the actual Thinking Maps.
- Circle Map - defining in context
- Bubble Map - describing qualities
- Flow Map - sequencing
- Brace Map - part to whole
- Tree Map - classifying
- Double Bubble - compare and contrast
- Multi Flow Map - cause and effect
- Bridge Map - seeing analigies
On the first title slide, I have embedded a MS Word document of each Thinking Map that you can print for the students to use.
Thinking Maps are visual tools for learning, and include eight visual patterns each linked to a specific cognitive process. Teachers may apply Thinking Maps in all content areas and all grade levels.
They provide a common visual language to information structure, often employed when students take notes or engage in class discussions.