Anchor charts are a great way to display word lists, but I’ve always struggled with what to do with them once we’ve moved on. My students stumble across words that they’d like to include on our classroom charts long after they’ve been taken down and replaced with new learning. There simply isn’t enough wall space or sticky tack to display all of our work!
Interactive Word Work Notebooks allow students to store their learning in one, easily accessible place. Students will use composition notebooks, crayons, markers, pencils, scissors, and glue to create their notebooks. As you introduce new spelling patterns, students will add the headers to their notebooks and begin searching for words to add to their lists. Each word family, blend, and themed word list header was designed to save you ink and to minimize the amount of gluing that students will need to do. Interactive sorting pages allow students to apply the spelling patterns they’ve been working on. The best part is that students don’t have to work on the same lists at the same time! Interactive Word Work Notebooks includes a wide variety of spelling patterns and sorts to meet the needs of a diverse group of students. At the end of the year, students will leave your classroom with a masterpiece that they can share with their families.
* Cover Page- inlcudes a boy version and a girl version
* Table of Contents- inlcudes a boy version and a girl version
* Page Numbers
* “Always List”- Students will keep track of words that they should always spell correctly. This list may include words such as the, and, of, and said.
* Personal Dictionary Labels- Students use these pages to keep track of their sight words and other interesting words they discover while reading.
* A word families: ab, ack, ad, ag, ail, ain, ake, al, ale, all, am, ame, an, ank, ap, ar, at, and aw
* E word families: eat, eep, ell, en, est, and et
* I word families: ice, ick, id, ide, ig, ight, ill, in, ine, ing, ink, ip, iss, it, and ite
* O word families: oat, ob, ock, og, old, op, ore, ot, and ox
* U word families: ub, uck, ug, um, ump, un, unk, and ut
* Final e: a_e, i_e, o_e, and u_e
* Blends: bl, br, cl, cr, dr, fl, fr, gl, gr, nd, nk, pl, pr, sc, scr, sk, sl, sm, sn, sp, spl, spr, st, str, sw, tr, and tw
* Themed Word Lists: Color Words, Days of the Week, Months of the Year, Number Words, and Seasons (Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer)
* Sort and Spell: Digraphs, Final y (long e and long i), Long a (ai and ay), Long e (e, ea, and ee), Long i (ie and igh), Long o (o, oa, and ow), Long and Short Vowel Sounds (a, e, i, o, and u), and R-Controlled Vowels
Be sure to download the preview for a closer look at how the notebooks are set up and 4 FREE pages!