This huge bundle includes a year's worth of highly motivational and engaging writing activities
for students from preschool through second grade as well as all of the supplies needed to create an Interactive Writing Center.
What is an Interactive Writing Center?
An Interactive Writing Center will transform the way you do centers! It is a bulletin board (or other display) where students can see colored or printer-friendly black & white examples of your expectations. Students love that they get to CHOOSE the writing activity. I love that I can meet with my small groups or struggling students while several students are working at my Interactive Writing & Math Centers. They never ask me questions because the examples are in front of them. If they finish one activity, they simply choose another option to start on. The Interactive Writing Center is highly-engaging and fun for students. They will learn to LOVE to write!
Make sure to watch the 2 minute preview video for a better understanding!
You can view a longer video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
To see my Interactive Math Center, click below
Interactive Math Center by Pencils to Pigtails
Supplies to decorate your center are included. Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Students can work independently at the center.
Make sure to check out the soon to be posted video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
I am so proud that this product has become an absolute hit with my kindergarten students. I worked on it for months and months and the activities last us all year.
Make sure to click through everything you are getting above! The Interactive Writing Center includes:
• Colored Examples for EVERY Activity - This is what makes the Interactive Writing Center unique! (Printer-friendly options are also included.)
• Class Journals for PreK-Kindergarten for each month
• Class Journals for 1st - 2nd Grade Students for each month
• Various Tracing Worksheets with Letters, Days of the Week, Months of the Year, Color Words, and High-Frequency Words
• Various Labeling Worksheets for every major holiday & with increasing difficulty
• Letter Writing Practice - Emails, Cards & More!
• Halloween Writing Practice
• Thanksgiving Writing Practice
• Christmas Writing Practice
• Valentine's Day Writing Practice
• St. Patrick's Day Writing Practice
• Easter Writing Practice
• All Types of Writing Practice - Students will practice various forms of writing - on an easel, lunchbox, bookmark, etc
• Cooking in the Kitchen Writing
• Reading Response Resource - Respond to ANY text in so many different ways!
• Poems & Rhymes - Teach young children to write poetry and identify rhymes
• Bulletin Board Supplies
• Colored & Black & White Reference Sheets to be posted on bulletin board as needed
• Detailed Directions and Table of Contents for each resource
• Alternate pages with blank monthly titles & alternative spellings for words, such as "color" or "colour"
Make sure to click through the products included above for a more in depth look at what you are getting and check out the amazing reviews this product has!
You will be working on the following standards with this product:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1 and CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.1
Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.3 & CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.2.3
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• HUGE Fairy Tale File Folder Bundle - Practice Characters, Settings, & Major Events
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
• Huge Seasonal Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails