This growing bundle includes a year's worth of highly motivational and engaging writing activities
for students from preschool through second grade as well as all of the supplies needed to create an Interactive Writing Center.
You can view a video
about this resource by clicking below:
(Skip to 4:!5 if you only want to hear about the interactive writing center!)
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
What is an Interactive Writing Center? Quite simply, it is a display board with references and samples for students as well as file folders or colored drawers where students can SELECT what type of writing they want to focus on that day. This center is meant to be exciting and fun for students. I like to incorporate some fun writing tools (think highlighters, markers, colored pencils, etc) to really get my students excited. The best part of the Interactive Writing Center is that it gives the teacher time to work with small groups or other struggling students.
Supplies to decorate your own bulletin board are included. Simply switch out the samples and activities and students can work by themselves at this center. Students love the activities including the class journal, labeling worksheets, holiday themed worksheets, letter writing activities, and more.
Once you have your center set up, you simply switch out the ready-made activities and samples on your bulletin board making it easy to always have your station in tip-top shape! Make sure to check out the soon to be posted video explanation and visit my blog to see pictures of this product in use in my classroom.
I am so proud that this product has become an absolute hit with my kindergarten students. I worked on it for months and months and will continue to add more and more resources to it. (Buy it now before the price goes up! )
As mentioned, I recently posted a video of how I organize this resource in my classroom. Click the link below and skip to 4:15 if you are only interested in hearing about the Interactive Writing Center.
Organizing the Interactive Writing Center & More!
At this time you will find:
• Class Journals for PreK - K and 1 - 2nd grade- Meant for whole class use! Students love seeing what their peers have written and it is extremely motivational when they know it will be passed around the class and used as a keepsake! These include colored samples for every month!
• Various Tracing Worksheets where students will work on tracing alphabet letters, days of the week, months of the year, color words, and high-frequency words
• Various Labeling Worksheets with increasing difficulty
• Colored sample sheets - perfect to display on a Writing Center Bulletin Board
• Blank sheet for students to create their own drawing with labels
• A Labeling Worksheet for every major holiday
(Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, & Easter)
• Letter Writing Practice - Emails, Cards & More!
• Holiday Card/ Letter Writing Practice- Includes Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentine's Day, and Easter!!!
• All Types of Writing Practice - Students will practice various forms of writing - on an easel, lunchbox, bookmark, etc
• Bulletin Board Supplies
• Colored & Black & White Reference Sheets to be posted on bulletin board as needed
• Detailed Directions and Table of Contents for each resource
******THESE RESOURCES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS PRODUCT. Save a ton of $$$ by purchasing this bundle. Please click each product below to see what you are getting in detail (along with your bulletin board supplies & instructions!).
• Labeling Resource for PreK - 2nd Grade
• Whole Class Journal PreK-Kindergarten
Whole Class Journal 1st - 2nd Grade
• Tracing Practice PreK - 2nd Grade
Writing Practice: Letters, Notes & More!!!
• All Types of Writing -Different Surfaces with Many Purposes
Halloween Writing Practice
• Thanksgiving Writing Practice
• Christmas Writing Practice
• Valentine's Day Writing Practice
• St. Patrick's Day Writing Practice
• Easter Writing Practice
Soon to be added! (Buy it now and receive these too!)
*Letter Writing Practice (Letters, notes, postcards, excuses, emails, etc.) - NOW ADDED!!!
*All Types of Writing (Students practice different types of writing - such as designing a book cover, writing on a chalkboard, making a bookmaker, etc.) -NOW ADDED!!!
*Holiday Greeting Cards - NOW ADDED!!!!
*Recipe fun - Writing in the kitchen (grocery lists, recipe cards, cookbook, etc.)
*Poetry Writing - Simple rhyming words to create poems
*Reading Response for fiction & nonfiction texts
*Videos & Photos from my classroom - NOW ADDED!!!
You will be working on the following standards with this product:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.1 and CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.1
Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.
Recognize that spoken words are represented in written language by specific sequences of letters.
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.K.3, CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.1.3 & CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.RF.2.3
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
You will love these other fun & educational resources!
• New Year's Resolutions- One Kindness & One Academic Goal
• Martin Luther King, Jr. Day in the Primary Grades
• Groundhog Crafts and Nonfiction Resource Bundle
• 2018 Olympics Winter Games
• Operation: Observation
• All About Hurricanes & The Red Cross
• The Gruffalo & The Gruffalo's Child Craftivity Plus ELA & Math Resources
• My Teacher is Having a Baby
• Chicka Chicka Boom Boom - STEM, Crafts, ELA, & More!
• 5 Green & Speckled Frogs - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• 5 Little Ducks - Paper Towel Craft, STEM, ELA, Math & More!
• Huge Holiday Bundle of File Folder Games
Click on the ✮ beside my store name to add me to your favorite sellers. You will be the first to know about new freebies & fun products. All of my products are 1/2 off for the first 24 hours!
Pencils to Pigtails