Teaching students to play melodic patterns can be cumbersome. Setting up instruments is time-consuming. You need a versatile set of Interactive Xylophone Templates to facilitate elementary music activities. This set includes 6 interactive templates for xylophone and metallophone/glockenspiel in the standard keys of C, F, G.
**Click the preview button above to get a better look at this beneficial resource.
- Display Instrument Set Up. If students need to remove bars from their instruments, provide an example by displaying the template on the whiteboard. With the touch of a finger or the click of your mouse, you can turn over the bars that should be removed.
- Demonstrate Ostinato or Other Melodic Patterns. These templates provide a great way to demonstrate what patterns look like. It is easy for the entire class to see from the performer’s point of view.
- “Air Play" Practice. Prior to practicing on instruments, students may use their fingers to “air play” from the board as the teacher models patterns. This quick rehearsal technique improves performance immensely.
- Paper Practice. Print out copies of the xylophone/metallophone slide on card stock and laminate them. Students who are unable to play the instrument safely may play a paper instrument. Or, you can make enough for the entire class to practice.
- Rehearsal Station. Use printed or digital templates as a rehearsal station or center.
Note: These interactive templates do make sound. They are simply templates to facilitate learning.
If you are looking for music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD NOTATION, many of which have Orff accompaniments, you may be interested in the bundles below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE – Do, Re, Mi
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Reading Activity BUNDLE - Do, RE, Mi + So
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.