Also included in
- My two must-have school themed interactive books for addressing wh- questions are now together in a money saving BUNDLE (at a 20% discount)!Teaching the vocabulary of "what, who, where, when" along with teaching how to answer wh- questions is TOUGH! Those concepts are abstract and often challenging$4.96$7.75Save $2.79
- Consider your Back to School therapy planning DONE (and save 20%, too!) These 9 engaging products (and one exclusive bonus item) have ALL you need to welcome your students back to school, break the ice, build rapport, notify them of their therapy times, address wh- questions, work on concepts, learn$17.92$28.00Save $10.08
Interactive books are a must for teaching concepts- particularly abstract concepts like wh- words. They're especially useful and engaging for children with limited verbal output, children with autism, visual learners, kinesthetic learners, and children with high energy! This one is perfect for incoming students, BACK TO SCHOOL or anytime!
Use this easy to assemble interactive book to engage your students while familiarizing them with school staff, routines and expectations - all while addressing those tricky "who" questions.
Even answering the most basic kinds of wh- questions can be a real challenge for our students, but using the included teaching tool and then allowing children to manipulate the relatable images in this book can help make the concept less abstract.
Whether students already grasp school staff members and "who" questions somewhat or not, this book will give them lots of practice!
This 21 page download includes:
- a teaching visual to help students understand how to answer who questions
- all the pages and parts needed to assemble the interactive book
- detailed instructions for how to use this 29 page book and how to scaffold based on how well your student performs - the multiple uses suggested will allow you to use this product for longer than you expect
Some of the "people at school" covered in this book include:
- bus driver
- cafeteria workers/lunch ladies
- school nurse
- coach/PE teacher
- music teacher
- art teacher
- speech-language pathologist/speech therapist
- students (the most important people at school!)
BE SURE to download the detailed preview for a closer look!
Check out my other interactive books, and I have more interactive books in the works!
Thanks for stopping by! If you try this little book and you love it, please let me know or rate my product. Your feedback is what keeps me creating :)