Students need to learn the importance of using precise detail.
This 4-page printable
activity presents the steps of an INTERDISCIPLINARY WRITING-AND-ART PROJECT.
. . .
• Writing students chose prints of paintings and then wrote a detailed description of them
• Art students used just the written descriptions
and created a painting from them
• Writing students compared the completed paintings with their descriptions, and realized the importance of details, of close examination, and of precise writing
This classroom-tested is suitable for junior high, high school, and adult students.
To learn about new Class Act resources, discounts, and freebies, just follow me
. Find my picture at the top right of any page in my store. To the right of the picture is a star with “Follow Me”
beside it. Click on the star, and I’ll send you customized updates about this store.
Earning TPT Credits
• Do you want credit for future TPT purchases
? Just provide feedback for items you purchase. Click on the “provide feedback”
button next to your purchases, rate
the resource, and leave a short comment.
(You need to do both
to earn credits.) You receive 1 TPT credit
for each dollar you spend, and you can spend it just like cash
on future Teachers Pay Teachers purchases.
Here are other Class Act Press resources you and your students canenjoy:
• FREEBIE!!! An Idiom by Any Other Name
• On Second Thought: Looking at Phrases That Use "Second"
• Tips of the Slung: A Humorous Look at Spoonerisms
• Amusing Adverbs: Fun with Tom Swifties