You can purchase all of my U.S. Government resources which includes power points, guided notes (with questions), homework, quizzes, unit tests, and group projects here: U.S. Government Resources
A quick word about my teaching style so that you know what you are getting into. I have worked at several schools in the past where I did not have the ability to check out books to students because of short supply. Because of this, I created materials in which I wouldn't need my students to have a textbook to be prepared for any tests or quizzes that they received. The power points that I created are quite extensive and include guided notes and video that go along with them. The students do not write down every word from the presentation and can focus on listening and learning the material from the lecture. Additional items that I have posted can be used for notebook check assignments which I usually have whenever I get to the end of a unit.
I created this bundle for a U.S. Government or U.S. Government honors class and includes the following:
- A 65 slide (172 mb) power point that goes over interest groups, how they operate, and their influence in the United States.
- 2 days of guided notes that are broken down as follows:
- Day 1 - Overview - The different types of interest groups and pros and cons that they provide. I've included video clips and commercials for several of the groups.
- Day 2 - Lobbying - The influence, good and bad, that lobbyists have over our system and the contributions that they make. I also included a video on Jack Abramoff's lobbying scandal to show the dangers that lobbyists can create.
- Warm-ups that can be given at the start of class.
- An Interest Group Chart in which students will research the biggest and most influential groups that exist in the country. I get access to my school computer lab for this assignment
That's everything! Thank you very much for considering this product. Cheers!
Please take a look at other bundles that I have created for U.S. Government:
Principles of Government Bundle
Origins of American Government Bundle
The Constitution Bundle
American Political Parties Bundle
The Electoral Process
Voting and Voter Behavior Bundle
Mass Media and Public Opinion Bundle
The Legislative Branch Bundle
The Executive Branch Bundle
U.S. Foreign and Military Policy Bundle
The Judicial Branch Bundle
Civil Liberties Bundle