Literature circles are a fun and engaging way to involve your students in using effective reading skills.
This intermediate literature circles task cards and worksheets bundle is intended for 3rd-5th grade readers. It includes 13 different Literature Circle Job Task Cards (available in color and black and white and in half and full page versions) and OVER 60 accompanying worksheets for each task. Different versions of each worksheet are included to assist you in differentiating the tasks to suit your students’ needs.
This bundle also includes reference pages for specific jobs, binder and folder covers for both students and teachers, tables of contents, a class book cover page and a literature circles guide (with sample pictures). Cover pages and table of contents are available in two different styles.
*DOWNLOAD MY PREVIEW FOR A BETTER LOOK*
Task Cards Included:
1. Summarizer (creates a summary of the text)
2. Connector (makes text-self, text-text, and text-world connections)
3. Literary Luminary (spotlights a part of the text)
4. Word Wizard (explores interesting and unfamiliar words)
5. Discussion Director (creates questions about the text)
6.Story Mapper (charts the elements of story structure)
7. Story Organizer (organizes the text’s information into graphic organizers)
8. Psychologist (analyzes and evaluates major and/or minor characters)
9. Figurative Analyst (searches for and analyzes examples of figurative language)
10. Investigator (investigates the reading genre, author’s purpose, and author’s perspective ;how the author thinks/feels)
11. Researcher (researches topics relevant to the text)
12. Word Surgeon (divides words into their word parts)
13. Illustrator (illustrates a part of the text)
Reference Pages Include:
1. Reading Genres
2. Author's Purpose P.I.E.
3. Author’s Perspective
4. Author’s Point of View
5.Character Traits Reference Pages