The novel is Eric Walter's "Wounded"- students loved it, especially engaging for reluctant boy readers!
I completed this as a Grade 8 read-aloud where students took notes as I read (listening), and answered chapter questions (all included), and then completed a literary essay at the end of the novel.
Many specific curriculum expectations are addressed and included on the rubric (Ontario- Reading, Writing and Oral Communication).
- Chapter questions
- Teacher guide with sample responses to chapter questions
- Essay question on a ready-to-print handout
- Rubric for a literary essay
- Sample literary essay (great for high school English prep)
- Literary essay planning template/graphic organizer for students