This resource can be used to facilitate a session on International Women’s Day (IWD) within the workplace or the education field. It can be used in a face to face setting or online for distance learning by sharing your screen within programs such as Zoom, Teams or Google.
Provided is a Teachers / Facilitators copy and a students copy. Both are fully editable. Also provided are Teachers Notes that can be used as a lesson plan to facilitate the session.
It contains information as well as tasks for learners to complete along the way. Tasks can be completed individually, in pairs, or in groups. You will also note that it is fully editable so that you can delete, add, or change information to make it more relevant for your audience.
- Main Aims of International Women’s Day (IWD)
- Celebration, Empowerment, Encouragement.
- Statistical Facts
- Quick Quiz
- The history of IWD – timeline of events
- Important topics for discussion on IWD
- Celebrating Inspirational Women (J K Rowling, Dr Mae Jemison, Malala Yousafzai, Yuna Kim, Jessica Watson, Obiagele Ezekwesili)
- Identification and Writing Tasks
- Responding to everyday workplace sexism