| Internet Safety | Phone Safety | Digital Citizenship | Life Skills | Staying Safe Online |
Many students view the internet as a fun place to chat with their friends and watch funny youtube videos on. Unfortunately, they are quite unaware of the dangers it poses as well.
With this powerpoint, students will be introduced to what effects online and phone communication can have on their personal lives if they are not careful. This powerpoint basically touches the problems surrounding sexting in our society, without actually bringing that word or those pictures into the conversation.This powerpoint is very kid-friendly and presents content in a developmentally appropriate manner for kids/teens.
Images of kids cheating on a test, stealing money from a purse, etc address deeper issues of positive decision making and the impact of sending pictures like that to others. The concepts of images never truly being deleted on the internet/someone's phone are discussed to teach students that once something is sent....it is out of your hands forever.
- Slides discussing online communication
- Slide reviewing guidelines and questions to ask one self before sending pictures/texts to others
- 6 images with the question, "Should you send this picture?" (great for class discussions!)
- 2 situational prompts asking students to brainstorm what they would do in specific real-world situations that threaten their personal online safety
- 5 reflection prompts reviewing the PowerPoint's main ideas
Interested in Other Online Safety Lessons?
- Internet Safety Unit 1:Click Here!
- Internet Safety Unit 2:Click Here!
- Internet Safety Unit 3:Click Here!
- WANT THEM ALL?:Click Here!
Need Other Popular Life Skills Lessons?
Bus Schedules Unit 1:Click Here!
Recipe Comprehension:Click Here!
Coupons, Reading Emphasis: Click Here!
Food Directions: Click Here!
Medicine Labels: Click Here!
Receipts: Click Here!
Tickets: Click Here!
Hours of Operation: Click Here!
Safety Signs, Community Signs: Click Here!
Dollar Up, 1s, 5s, and 10s: Click Here!
Menu Math:Click Here!
How to Use a Microwave:Click Here!
How to Use a Stove:Click Here!
How to Use an Oven:Click Here!
Coupons, Picture Emphasis:Click Here!
Bus Schedules:Click Here!
Measuring Cups:Click Here!
Generic vs. Name Brand:Click Here!
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Life Skills Creations on the top of my store page. You will be one of the first people to know when I have a sale or post new Life Skills Freebies in my store.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits!
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!